Marcia McVean (CYA-E-RYT 550 Member)
- Location: Toronto, Ontario Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Service Offered: Hatha Yoga, TCTSY Trauma Sensitive Yoga
- Certified: Aura Wellness Center, TCTSY-F
- Years of Practice: 22
- Teaching Experience: 20
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Greg Casillas, Laurel Grace Yoga, New Braunfels, Texas, USA Edda Pacheco, Anahata, Monteverde, Costa Rica Karen Gordon, Revive Healing Arts, Monteverde, Costa Rica Moksha Yoga Danforth TCTSY Facilitator Training & ongoing professional affiliation with the Justice Resource Institute
- Date Joined: May 30, 2021
- CYA Insurance: No
I am a mother of two, educator, healer, artist and musician. For 23 years I've worked in Indigenous, inner city and alternative school settings. In all, I have shared Yoga with the students, enlivening and deepening the experience of school. Reiki Master training is a layer of my rootedness practice, as is my personal long time yoga and meditation practice. I seek to be in right relationship with earth, work and with people. I recognize and experience the struggle of living in our culture of extremes, the tenderness and dissociation, brilliance and dislocation. I seek to share best I've found to support others' healing journeys.
About My Service
I offer TCTSY, Trauma Centre Trauma Sensitive Yoga, with youth and adults in private and community settings. TCTSY is a body based treatment for Complex Trauma. The more I learn about Climate Anxiety, the more I believe in the potential of TCTSY as a support/treatment for folks with all types of existential anxiety. With over 20 years experience as an educator in Indigenous, inner city and alternative settings, I seek to meet folks just as we are, to create opportunities for shared authentic experience and growing strength and resilience through the body.
- Trauma Centre Trauma Sensitive Yoga - Facilitator (March 24, 2022@11:34:AM)
- TCTSY 20 hour Foundations (July 05, 2021@4:46:PM)