Lori-Anne Douville (CYA-E-RYT 550 Member)
- Location: Blainville, Quebec Canada
- Website: www.hotyogastation.com
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Hatha, Yin (coming in 2022)
- Certified: Bikram's Yoga College of India
- Years of Practice: 15
- Teaching Experience: 13
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Bikram Choudhury (Guru), Rajashree Choudhury (Guru's wife), Emmy Cleaves (Senior Teacher), Mary Jarvis (Senior Teacher), Lynn Whitlow (Senior Teacher), Lydia Wright (20-yr experienced teacher and personal yoga mentor), Craig Villani (Senior Teacher and owner of LuxYoga), Diane Ducharme Gardner (Senior Teacher), Jospeh Encinia (Experienced Teacher and 3x National Champion and 2011 Male International Asana Champion), Esak Garcia (Experienced Teacher and World Champion), Kasper van der Wijngaard (2010 International Yoga Asana Champion), Sarea Hidkes (Experienced teacher that won 1st place in the Yoga Asana Championship in Amsterdam 2010).
- Date Joined: April 21, 2022
- CYA Insurance: No
I went to my first ever yoga class (a hot yoga Bikram class) in 2006. It was a complete disaster! I waited a couple of months and finally returned to give it another try. And it was love at "second" sight. I the decided I wanted to become a yoga teacher for the reste of my life. In the spring of 2009, I attended my very first yoga training where I completed a 550-hour teacher training over the course of nine intense weeks. After that unique experience, I traveled, practiced, and taught in over 22 studios all over the world gaining more and more experience.
Right after graduation, I started teaching eight to twelve 90-min classes a week. I knew that immersion was key, and I wanted to serve as many people as I could. I had beginners as well as advanced students in my class and could always adjust accordingly because I also started out as a beginner a couple years prior. I also understood how much of an impact a regular yoga practice could have on humans. I am a true believer that the world needs yoga.
Over the years, my practice deepened, my knowledge increased immensely, and I got the privilege to not only train with my guru but also my guru’s wife, Yoga World Champions and many many senior teachers, which some became mentors and inspirations. I can easily say that I have completed more than 1000 hours of training (and I am registered for more in the coming year).
Throughout this adventure, I met the love of my life (in a Bikram Yoga class) and we now have two beautiful daughters, who also practice yoga and occasionally teach with me. I slowed down when my yoginis were born but have never stopped practicing nor teaching as it is my essence, what keeps me going and what feeds my soul.
I have probably taught close to 4000 hours between group classes, pregnancies series, workshops, privates, zooms and championship trainees since 2009.
About My Service
I teach the Bikram series of 26 postures and 2 breathing exercices since 2009. This series is practiced in the same order, in a hot room for 90 minutes and students of all levels are welcomed.
I will also start offering workshops this spring of 2022 covering the 26/2 postures more in depth. Moreover, since all Bikram Schools in the province of Quebec closed in the past years, I built a website (www.hotyogastation.com) to permit Bikram yogis to find classes more easily in the Montreal area. I also introduced the Bikram series to the Idolem Studios in 2019 and the series and community has been growing ever since.
The website is a work in progress, as I do it on my spare time on top of teaching, my other contracts and of course and most importantly, my family time!