Michele Barnes (CYA-E-RYT Gold Member)
- Location: London, Ontario Canada
- Website: www.michelebarnes.com
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Hatha Yoga/Multi-disciplinary
- Certified: The Lotus Centre, Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy
- Years of Practice: 19
- Teaching Experience: 15
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: MaryJane Fardella, Valerie Hobson, Michel Cote, Joan Ceh
- Date Joined: December 11, 2018
- CYA Insurance: No
I came to yoga because I had developed chronic back pain and digestive issues. I stayed with yoga because it helped to address my emotional and mental pain. What surprised me the most when I first started practicing yoga was how effective pranayama was at supporting physical, emotional and mental well-being. I'm not surprised about that any longer and can't imagine my life without yoga, in general. I have additional training in Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy (as a practitioner), Yoga Dance, Restorative Yoga, Yoga for Seniors and Pre/Post-natal Yoga.
I have accumulated over 5000 teaching hours since my 200 Hour certification and over 700 hours of training hours. I am passionate about my own continuing education and about helping people to incorporate the physical and philosophical practices of yoga into their daily lives in ways that honour the natural and divine design of the body/mind. My mantras are "Preserve the Curves" and "'Safe Yoga is Good Yoga".
About My Service
I teach asana, pranayama, and meditation. My teaching is influenced by the following schools/styles of yoga: Sivananda, Kripalu, Anusara and (more recently) YogAlign. I also lead a 200 Hour YTT at Benders Yoga Inc. and offer CEU workshops for individuals who are already certified and looking for continuing education.
- The Vagus Nerve and the 3 Diaphragms of the Body (December 20, 2018@2:06:PM)