Lisa Sanson (CYA-E-RYT 500 Member)
- Location: Vancouver, British Columbia Canada
- Website: findyoursunrise.com
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Service Offered: N/A
- Certified: Prana Yoga College & Vancouver School of Healing Arts
- Years of Practice: 17
- Teaching Experience: 15
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Jill Miller, Jules Mitchell, Shannon Cluff, Shakti Mhi, Eric Goodman
- Date Joined: August 16, 2011
- CYA Insurance: HUB International
Balance. Yoga has helped me to achieve a balance of strength and ease in my body and my mind. Growing up an athlete instilled a competitive mindset in me. I continually strived to be better, stronger, faster, and subsequently often pushed myself beyond my limits. This approach became detrimental to my health and well-being, depleting my energy physically, mentally and emotionally and ultimately creating weakness in my body and my mind. Through practicing Yoga I have discovered that I can be powerful AND gentle; I can CHALLENGE myself and NURTURE myself. I am learning to let go of the struggle and enjoy the journey that is my life.
I am inspired by a smile, laughter, my dog's joy in every moment, family, community, talking over the fence with my neighbours, human connectedness, people helping people, kindness to animals, being out in nature - surfing, snowboarding, cycling, hiking...
About My Service
I am a 500+HR E-RYT , a certified Yoga Tune Up® teacher and Foundation Training instructor. As a Registered Professional Counsellor I am able to integrate knowledge of the mind as I guide students through explorations of the body. I believe that awareness of the mind/body connection offers an effective path to wellness. Interweaving anatomy, psychology and yogic philosophy, I strive to create an easy-going atmosphere where students are encouraged to experiment with traditional and innovative poses working to find a balance of strength and ease in the body and mind.
- 300 Hour Advanced Teacher Training (July 12, 2018@1:41:PM)