Tracey Currie (CYA-E-RYT 500 Member)
- Location: Oshawa, Ontario Canada
- Website: www.mettamovementarts.com
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: vinyasa , pre/post, Restorative, RestoraTHAI©
- Certified: Yoga Space Toronto
- Years of Practice: 22 years
- Teaching Experience: 17 years
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Beginning in order as best as possible: Kathryn Beet, Marla Joy (Meenakshi), Hart Lazar, Monica Voss (prenatal), Janice Clarfield (prenatal), John Friend/Todd Norian & Anne Greene (Anusara), Mark Finch, Seane Corne, Mark Whitwell, Yoga Vishveketu, Aadil Palkivala & his wife Savatri (Purna Yoga - close to 100 hours of study so far), Rod Stryker (Para Yoga), Maya Tiwari
- Date Joined: November 12, 2015
- CYA Insurance: HUB International
I LOVE what I do and am so very grateful to have found this path so long ago! I think it's incredible to be able to say my youngest attendee in a class was 3 weeks old!! and the oldest 96 years young!! It is a true blessing. I love to travel and seek out more places in the world where I can take my workshops & YTT's.
About My Service
For the past 16 years, I have been teaching full time. I chose to teach exclusively for one studio in the West end of Toronto while holding down long term corporate and private classes. At this yoga studio alone, I am very grateful to have accumulated over 6000 teaching hours. With a running total of over 9000+ hours of teaching to date, I am really looking forward to bringing what I know to the table and sharing this knowledge with teachers of the future. Through 2017/2018, I look forward to launching further teacher trainings and continuing education workshops.
Over the years, my classes have become more specialized focussing on Restorative Yoga, Pre & Post Natal yoga and working with Seniors. I've been part of the YTT faculty at a few studios the past 5 years running - teaching both a prenatal component and an 8 hr Pregnancy in Your Regular Classes' module.
I've just revamped the RestoraTHAI© Yoga Continuing Education training I offer to include 60 hours of valuable information. It incorporates a full module on Thai Yoga Massage style hands-on assists within restoratives, subtle body anatomy focussing on the Chakra's and has a concentration on stress, it's affect on the Nervous System and how Restorative Yoga helps.
I have concurrently been a practitioner and teacher of Thai Yoga Massage (TYM) for as many years as I've been a Yoga Teacher. Currently a Senior Teacher with Lotus Palm School, I teach the certification level Thai Yoga Massage courses as well as the specialty Prenatal/Elderly Thai Massage and Table Thai courses.