Lalita Tamburri (CYA-E-RYT 500 Member)
- Location: Woodstock, Ontario Canada
- Website: www.littlemangotree.ca
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Service Offered: Classical Hatha, Mantra/Bhakti, Karma Yoga
- Certified: Wandering Yogi
- Years of Practice: Over 20
- Teaching Experience: 12 years
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Guru: Swami Niranjananda of Satyananda Yoga Teachers Include: Radhasri Fogel and Grant Couture of Wandering yogi (now Hatha Yoga Shala) (Initial Teacher Training) Swami Muktidharma Satyananda Yoga (India and Canada) Swami Karmakaruna Satyananda Yoga (India and Canada) Swami Satyadharma Satyananda Yoga (India and Canada) Swami Vedantananda (Vancouver and Nanaimo Canada) Swami Maheshananda Saraswati (India and Canada) On going, yoga philosophy Madhuri Phillips (Ayurveda and Yoga) Canada Dr. Sukamaran (Ayurveda) Canada Marg Mahan, Vedic Astrology John Fyfe Vedic Astrology On going Marie Claire Sauve Indian Palmistry On going
- Date Joined: February 20, 2015
- CYA Insurance: HUB International
I was drawn to immerse myself in yoga when I was going through a particularly stressful period of my life and yoga guided me towards a complete 360. I was completely off track. I made the changes to my external life as I evolved internally using the tools of yoga. Yoga connected me to a soulful path of deep trust within myself. My deep gratitude for what I have received through yoga is what inspires me to share and to assist people to connect to their inner light.
I did my yoga teaching training with Radhasri and Grant of the Wandering yogi in 2003. They asked me to teach at their Vancouver Yoga Studio right away. I was one of three that was asked to stay on and teach. I have never looked back. I went into the teacher training to grow myself, not to teach others and I was instantly put on a different track. I started teaching, with great success as my students could easily connect through my teaching. My teachers asked me to lead a workshop on the Bhagvad Gita not long into my teaching. I did retreats and courses, I assisted on retreats also.
In 2004 I went to India to do a 1 month intensive ashram course with Swami Muktidharma and Swami Karma Karuna of New Zealand in the tradition of Satyananda Yoga. I met my Guru Swami Niranjan. I learned more more more Yoga techniques and practiced in the formal courses. I learned more about the subtle aspects of yoga. From my original plan of being there for one month I changed and stayed on for 5 months. I took advanced meditation courses with Swami Satyadharma and was part of the ashram Karma yoga crew. Had many deep experiences while I was there and met and learned from incredible yogis.
Needless to say, I returned a changed person, holding the torch of yoga in my heart wherever I was in whatever I did and I continue to do so. I have never stopped teaching or studying since my training. I have studied with many incredible teachers who imbibe the essence of yoga and continue to do so. I am currently owner and director of my own yoga studio and I live yoga with my family and we hold a light for the community we have built. We teach yoga in daily life and we help people to connect to the authenticity of who they are by holding that within ourselves. Thank you for this opportunity to share. Om shanti Lalitadevi
About My Service
Classical Hatha Yoga and Meditation
Classes teach mindfulness in Movement with Asanas, taking time to establish preliminary foundations for a deeper connection and understanding of the purpose of asanas. Classes also include Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha. Always taking time address individual needs and concerns and contra-indications with all practices. Describing and explaining the benefits of each.
Including regular Chant night for Universal Healing (Mahamrityunjaya mantra) and the teaching of universal Mantras with a focus on understanding both at the intellectual and the experiential levels. We host special Kirtan evenings regularly.
Advanced Yoga and Meditation Workshops