Kristen Charbonneau (CYA-RYT 200 Member)
- Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario Canada
- Website: N/A
- E-mail: Private
- Service Offered: Hatha Yoga (Himalayan Tradition/Trauma Sensitive)
- Certified: Breathe Live Believe
- Years of Practice: 15
- Teaching Experience: 2
- Professor, Guru or Teachers: Andrea Peloso - 40hrs Restorative Yoga Teacher Training (2015/2016) Leanne Wierzbicki, CYA-E-RYT500 - Breathe Live Believe for my 200hrs teacher training (2019-2021) Helene Couvrette, C-IAYT, E-RYT500, Certified Yoga Therapist, Yoga Educator, Pain Care & Trauma Sensitive Yoga Certified - H~OM Yoga School (currently enrolled - starting Jan 2022)
- Date Joined: March 08, 2023
- CYA Insurance: HUB International
I am a Physiotherapist with 15 years of practice in a hospital based setting. My yoga journey began as a form of exercise in my mid 20's and has since evolved into a therapeutic practice of healing for my mind, body and soul. My 200hrs teacher training helped to introduce me to the teachings/philosophy of yoga and I chose to continue on with further studies in my current Yoga Therapy teacher training to deepen my understanding of the teachings and practices of yoga. My goals are to be able to share the gift of yoga to others through teaching classes and workshops and to eventually start my own Yoga Therapy/Physiotherapy business that allows me to provide client care in a more holistic way, which the current Western medical care model often neglects.
I am a proud wife and mommy to 2 beautiful children. I love teaching and have been a Faculty member with both McMaster University in the Physiotherapy program and the Northern Ontario School of Medicine. I am also the placement coordinator for all student placements at our facility and am a preceptor to many physiotherapy students.
My hobbies include playing in nature, knitting, cooking and socializing with loved ones.
I truly believe the teachings and practices of yoga carry so much potential for healing. I very much look forward to sharing this with others.
About My Service
Current: I am teaching only to a small group of friends and family (up to 9 individuals) 1x/wk as a means of continuing my teaching experience since completing my 200hrs teacher training.
Plan: To start teaching publicly at my local community centre and to start offering classes to other community groups/organizations by request.