Mandorla Yoga Institute INC. (CYA-RYS Gold Member)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 5875002848
- Address: 2848 63 Ave SW
- Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
- Website: www.mandorlayoga.com
- Service Offered: Embodiment Yoga™
- Type of Certification Granted: Embodiment Yoga™
- Years in Operation: N/A
- Date Joined: October 20, 2021
MYI is a Yoga Therapy School, specializing in the training of Yoga Teacher's and Yoga Therapist's in Embodiment Yoga™ and Embodiment Yoga Therapy™. MYI offers up to 1,000-hours of modular training that allows students to take the necessary time to complete their studies, allowing for them to first attain the designations of 200 hour Embodiment Yoga Teacher™ and 500 hour Advanced Embodiment Yoga Teacher™ on the road toward becoming a registered 1,000 hour Embodiment Yoga Therapist™.
MYI utilizes both online and in person learning. Completion of the entire 1,000-hour program is an investment of 2 years’ time. Rooted in Ayurveda and the Yoga Therapy Koshic Model, the MYI training focuses on a trauma conscious approach to Embodiment and Somatic Yoga Therapy. Embodiment Yoga™ is proudly taught from the Krishnamacharya lineage with an emphasis on the wisdom shared through the teachings of Krishnamacharya’s son, Desikachar and his student, Gary Kraftsow in Viniyoga.
Training for the 1,000-hour program includes 3 modular trainings, listed below.
The purpose of the foundational 200-hour training is to establish a deep understanding of OJAS, how to create safe environments that invite nervous system regulation, presence, stillness, and grounding and how to work safely with the physical body through the lens of the Earth Element.
In the advanced 300-hour training, ’Yoga Therapy Foundations’, students are invited to explore the concept of TEJAS, the elements of Water and Fire and how to lean into sensation, movement, stillness, and transformation in a manner that invites students to explore their rich emotional tapestry while supporting them in adapting the practice to their unique body needs.
The final 500-hour training in Yoga Therapy, explores the concept of PRANA and the elements of Air and Ether. Students learn about the energetic system, mental health, meditation, Ayurveda, philosophy, and a breadth of yoga therapy tools including adaptive asana, pranayama, mantra, and mudra. It is within this portion of the training that students are mentored in establishing a strong and confident practice as a Yoga Therapist.
The designation of ‘Yoga Therapist’ is only given to those students who complete the entirety of the 1,000-hour training. Graduates from the earlier programs may use the designations, ‘Embodiment Yoga Teacher™’ and ‘Advanced Embodiment Yoga Teacher™’. Components of the Yoga Therapy program are open for our students to partake in continuing education credits, with the express understanding that they may not refer to themselves as Yoga Therapists if they have not completed the 1,000 hour program.
To enroll in any Mandorla training, students must complete the application process and student interview. We do not guarantee that all students will be accepted into our programs.
Foundational 200 Hour Embodiment Yoga™ Program:
Lifestyle, Ethics, Karma Yoga and Business (10 hours)
Yoga Philosophy (30 hours)
Anatomy & Physiology (30 hours)
Teaching Methodology (30 hours)
Techniques Training & Practice (100 hours)
300 Hour Advanced Program in Embodiment Yoga Therapy™ Foundations:
In Person Modules: (run yearly in August and September, 56 hours)
(EYR) Embodiment Yoga Retreat, held yearly in August at the Misty Ridge Retreat Centre 30 mins near Calgary, AB (4 days of training, experiencing and co-regulation in Embodiment Yoga = 34 hours)
(SY1) Somatic Yoga 1 (Stillness) In-Person Training, held yearly in September at the Mandorla Studio in Calgary, AB (3 days of training with an emphasis on facilitating one to one session and exploring stillness = 22 hours) TEXTS: Somatic Yoga for Grounding (focus on Vata dosha)
Online Learning Modules: (run each year from August to December)
(SY2) Somatic Yoga 2 (Movement) Online Training: 44 hours
- 14 hrs online synchronous learning – August/September over 5 weeks, 3 hrs per week – Somatic Yoga, inviting movement, TEXT: Yoga for Wellness by Gary Kraftsow
- 30 hrs online asynchronous learning – students must complete 6 hrs weekly with proof of completion/check in at each live class (learning platform shows proof of having completed all required video footage as well as direct questions and applications facilitated by teacher) – focus on Ayurveda elements of Water and Fire and the Manomayakosha, how to teach somatic yoga that leans into transformation (TEJAS) TEXTS: Embodiment Yoga™ Teacher Training Manual
(SY3) Somatic Yoga 3 (Sensation) and (AY) Adaptive Yoga Anatomy: 70 hours
- 35 hrs online synchronous learning – (20 hrs SY3 and 15 hrs AY) - September through November over 10 weeks, 3.5 hours per class (emphasis on 1 asana per class, 2 hours with 1.5 hrs spent on anatomy and biomechanics (AY) related directly to specific asana) TEXTS: Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark and Functional Anatomy and Adaptive Yoga
- 15 hrs asynchronous learning in (FA) Functional Anatomy and Adaptive Yoga with platform documentation and checks with teacher (1.5 hours per week) TEXTS: Functional Anatomy and Adaptive Yoga
- 20 hrs asynchronous learning in Somatic Yoga (SY3) with platform documentation and checks with teacher (2 hours per week) TEXTS: Meridian Yoga Manual
(TMP) Teaching Methodology and Somatic Yoga Practicum: 40 hours
- 20 hrs online synchronous learning – November to December over 5 weeks, 4 hours per class TEXT: Yoga for Wellness by Gary Kraftsow
- 10 hrs online asynchronous learning – November to December (2 hrs per week) TEXT: Yoga for Wellness by Gary Kraftsow
- 10 hrs practicum – practice teaching Embodiment Yoga™ (3 classes filmed and submitted for review) TEXTS: Embodiment Yoga™ Teacher Training Manual
(PEB) Philosophy, Ethics and Business of Yoga: 90 hours
- 30 hrs online synchronous learning in Philosophy – September through November over 10 weeks, 3 hours per class TEXTS: Yoga for Emotional Balance by Bo Forbes, Emotional Yoga by Bija Bennett, The Healing Path of Yoga by Nischala Joy Devi
- 16 hrs online synchronous learning in Ethics and Business – November to December over 5 weeks, 3 hours per class (Yoga’s ethical code. How to conduct business authentically and ethically. Social Media, Marketing, Communication and Networking. What to charge and how to establish practice.)
- 44 hours asynchronous learning in Yoga Philosophy and the (AOHS) Art of Holding Space with platform documentation and checks with teacher to be completed through September to December over 15 weeks (3 hrs per week) TEXTS: The Art of Holding Space Practice Journal, The Art of Holding Space